The Software Engineering group of the University of Stuttgart is looking for a student or scientific assistant (m/f/d) to support software development within the scope of a national research project in the field of IT security.
Your tasks will include
- Development of extensions/integrations for certain development environments (e.g. Eclipse and Visual Studio Code)
- Evaluation of approaches for interfaces between code analysis software and development environments
- Testing of concepts for interaction of the development environment with developers
- Implementing server services to provide rule sets via interfaces (e.g. REST-API)
- Testing of approaches for machine learning (artificial intelligence)
We offer you
- Collaboration in applied IT security research
- Demanding activities in the field of software development including the use of current technologies and methods (Continuous Integration/Deployment)
- Flexible working hours/places and a pleasant working atmosphere
- Optional extension of the activity to a final thesis (Bachelor/Master)
- Equipped with a high-quality notebook
Profile of requirements
- (Ongoing) study of computer science, software engineering or a similar field of study
- Very good programming skills in at least two popular programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, C++, C#)
- Ideally, experience in the development of extensions for development environments such as Eclipse or Visual Studio code and in the implementation of data flow analyses.
- Interest in IT security
- Problem-solving competence; responsible and reliable way of working; initiative; ability to work in a team
Contact person: Mr. Kai Mindermann M.Sc.
Location: Universitätsstraße 38 70569 Stuttgart, Germany (computer science building)
Type of employment
The employment takes place as a student/scientific assistant. Remuneration is based on the usual hourly rates for student and scientific assistants at the University of Stuttgart.
Please send your application with a meaningful cover letter to the above e-mail address.